Stop working against us or face our wrath, Taliban warns media
Islamabad: The Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan has warned the media to stop working against it or face its wrath.
Any media that projects only the government`s viewpoint and ignores that of the Taliban will be perceived as being part of the US` propaganda campaign and will be put on the militants` hit list, Taliban spokesman Azam Tariq said.
The media could be described as independent only when it projected both versions, he said.
Meanwhile, Taliban in the restive North Waziristan Agency have barred the entry of journalists from outside the tribal region, saying "outsiders were spreading propaganda" against them.
"A majority of reporters coming from outside spread disinformation about this place, which has forced us to ban their entry into the area," said a statement issued by a spokesman of local Taliban commander Hafiz Gul Bahadur.
"Journalists who violate the ban will be dealt with according to the Taliban`s rules and regulations and their equipment will be confiscated," it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday