Stop working against us or face our wrath, Taliban warns media
Islamabad: The Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan has warned the media to stop working against it or face its wrath.
Any media that projects only the government`s viewpoint and ignores that of the Taliban will be perceived as being part of the US` propaganda campaign and will be put on the militants` hit list, Taliban spokesman Azam Tariq said.
The media could be described as independent only when it projected both versions, he said.
Meanwhile, Taliban in the restive North Waziristan Agency have barred the entry of journalists from outside the tribal region, saying "outsiders were spreading propaganda" against them.
"A majority of reporters coming from outside spread disinformation about this place, which has forced us to ban their entry into the area," said a statement issued by a spokesman of local Taliban commander Hafiz Gul Bahadur.
"Journalists who violate the ban will be dealt with according to the Taliban`s rules and regulations and their equipment will be confiscated," it said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Salman Khan rules 2015 Bollywood Box Office – here’s why