Strings of bombings kill at least 21 in Afghan
Kabul: A string of attacks across
Afghanistan, including a suicide bomber pushing an ice cream
cart, killed at least 21 people on Saturday, officials said, while
the UN released a report showing May to be the deadliest month
for Afghan civilians since 2007.
The worst attack today took place in the Khakrez
district of Kandahar province in southern Afghanistan, where a
roadside bomb killed all 16 members of a family travelling to
a shrine for a religious pilgrimage.
The family included eight children, five women and
three men who were in a minibus, said provincial police chief
Abdul Raziq. He said the bomb was planted by the Taliban and
was intended for NATO or Afghan forces.
In the eastern province of Khost, a suicide bomber
blew himself up outside the local police headquarters in the
Shai Kali area, killing three policemen and a child, according
to provincial police chief Sadar Mohammad Zazai.
Among the four people killed in the blast was a local
police chief, Mohammad Zahir Khan, Zazai said. It was not
immediately clear whether Khan was specifically targeted.
Provincial health director Hedayatullah Hamidi said 25 people
were wounded in the attack.
Another suicide bomber, this one pushing an ice cream
cart, killed one child and wounded three more in the central
province of Ghazni, according to provincial police chief
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Philippines police chief says 300 officers involved in drugs
- Nissan may introduce electric sports car by 2020
- PM Modi condoles former Singapore President Nathan's death
- No. 1 in Tests: Pakistan cricket team's rise completes journey from isolation to triumph
- Oh fresh! Check out Ranveer Singh, Vaani Kapoor's chemistry in this latest still from 'Befikre'