Strings of bombings kill at least 21 in Afghan
Kabul: A string of attacks across
Afghanistan, including a suicide bomber pushing an ice cream
cart, killed at least 21 people on Saturday, officials said, while
the UN released a report showing May to be the deadliest month
for Afghan civilians since 2007.
The worst attack today took place in the Khakrez
district of Kandahar province in southern Afghanistan, where a
roadside bomb killed all 16 members of a family travelling to
a shrine for a religious pilgrimage.
The family included eight children, five women and
three men who were in a minibus, said provincial police chief
Abdul Raziq. He said the bomb was planted by the Taliban and
was intended for NATO or Afghan forces.
In the eastern province of Khost, a suicide bomber
blew himself up outside the local police headquarters in the
Shai Kali area, killing three policemen and a child, according
to provincial police chief Sadar Mohammad Zazai.
Among the four people killed in the blast was a local
police chief, Mohammad Zahir Khan, Zazai said. It was not
immediately clear whether Khan was specifically targeted.
Provincial health director Hedayatullah Hamidi said 25 people
were wounded in the attack.
Another suicide bomber, this one pushing an ice cream
cart, killed one child and wounded three more in the central
province of Ghazni, according to provincial police chief
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Indrani Mukerjea's statement on suspected drug overdose recorded
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka