Strings of bombings kill at least 21 in Afghan
Kabul: A string of attacks across
Afghanistan, including a suicide bomber pushing an ice cream
cart, killed at least 21 people on Saturday, officials said, while
the UN released a report showing May to be the deadliest month
for Afghan civilians since 2007.
The worst attack today took place in the Khakrez
district of Kandahar province in southern Afghanistan, where a
roadside bomb killed all 16 members of a family travelling to
a shrine for a religious pilgrimage.
The family included eight children, five women and
three men who were in a minibus, said provincial police chief
Abdul Raziq. He said the bomb was planted by the Taliban and
was intended for NATO or Afghan forces.
In the eastern province of Khost, a suicide bomber
blew himself up outside the local police headquarters in the
Shai Kali area, killing three policemen and a child, according
to provincial police chief Sadar Mohammad Zazai.
Among the four people killed in the blast was a local
police chief, Mohammad Zahir Khan, Zazai said. It was not
immediately clear whether Khan was specifically targeted.
Provincial health director Hedayatullah Hamidi said 25 people
were wounded in the attack.
Another suicide bomber, this one pushing an ice cream
cart, killed one child and wounded three more in the central
province of Ghazni, according to provincial police chief
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations