Students vandalise vehicles in Dhaka
Dhaka: Angered by the death of a college student in a road accident, his fellow pupils on Sunday set ablaze two buses and vandalised around 40 vehicles in the Bangladeshi capital, police said.
The protesters from Dhaka Commerce College took to the streets after 17-year-old Shaon Ahmed Monu, a first-year student of the college, was run over by a bus around 12.30 pm, the Daily Star reported.
The students stopped traffic in Mirpur area where the college is located.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan