Students vandalise vehicles in Dhaka
Dhaka: Angered by the death of a college student in a road accident, his fellow pupils on Sunday set ablaze two buses and vandalised around 40 vehicles in the Bangladeshi capital, police said.
The protesters from Dhaka Commerce College took to the streets after 17-year-old Shaon Ahmed Monu, a first-year student of the college, was run over by a bus around 12.30 pm, the Daily Star reported.
The students stopped traffic in Mirpur area where the college is located.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...