Students vandalise vehicles in Dhaka
Dhaka: Angered by the death of a college student in a road accident, his fellow pupils on Sunday set ablaze two buses and vandalised around 40 vehicles in the Bangladeshi capital, police said.
The protesters from Dhaka Commerce College took to the streets after 17-year-old Shaon Ahmed Monu, a first-year student of the college, was run over by a bus around 12.30 pm, the Daily Star reported.
The students stopped traffic in Mirpur area where the college is located.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video