Sufi Mohammad, two sons grilled at Peshawar jail
Peshawar: Pakistan Intelligence authorities have started interrogation of theTehreek-e-Nifaz-e-Shariat-e-Muhammadi (TNSM) chief Sufi Mohammad and his two sons Rizwanullah and Ziaullah at the Central Prison here, a newspaper reports.
The authorities have not registered any criminal case against Mohammad and his sons, rather they have been charged under the Maintenance of Public Order act (MPO).
The North West Frontier Province (NWFP) Information Minister Mian Iftikhar, shortly after Mohammad’s arrest had said that Mohammad is responsible for disturbing the peace of the region and he will be brought to justice soon.
“Sufi Muhammad is the main culprit. He is responsible for militancy and violence in Malakand division and he will be brought to justice,” he said.
Mohammad was released from a six-year jail term last year after he had agreed to work for a peaceful solution in Taliban-infested areas.
The elderly cleric had brokered a deal under which Sharia law was the key demand. But the deal fell through after the insurgents refused to put down their arms.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- New survey reveals why men resort to unprotected sex
- 4.7 magnitude earthquake hits India-Bangladesh border region
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic
- British EU vote unnerves world leaders and markets
- Copa America final: Chile beat Argentina 4-2 to win title after Lionel Messi misses penalty kick