Sufi Mohd’s sons file plea challenging their detention
Peshawar: Another three sons of detained Tehrike-e- Nafaz-e-Shariat Mohammed (TNSM) chief Sufi Mohammad have filed a petition in the Peshawar High Court challenging their arrest and detention under the Maintenance of Public Order (MPO) act.
The petitioners, Fazlullah, Abdullah and Abdur Rahman have filed the petition through one of their relatives.
Mohammad’s sons, in their petition, have challenged their arrest saying they were illegally detained by the security agencies, The Daily Times reports.
The lawyers representing the petitioners prayed before the court that the detention was against the law and thus the court should declare it void and direct the concerned authorities to release the petitioners.
Sufi was arrested along with his three other sons Ziaullah, Rizwanullah and Hayatullah, from their residence in Peshawar on July 22.
They were later sent to prison under the provision of the Maintenance of Public Order (MPO) law, which allows people to be detained without charges being filed against them.
Sufi’s sons were released last month after they challenged their detention in the Peshawar High Court, but were arrested again later by security officials, saying they were wanted in various other cases also.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand