Sufi Mohd’s sons file plea challenging their detention
Peshawar: Another three sons of detained Tehrike-e- Nafaz-e-Shariat Mohammed (TNSM) chief Sufi Mohammad have filed a petition in the Peshawar High Court challenging their arrest and detention under the Maintenance of Public Order (MPO) act.
The petitioners, Fazlullah, Abdullah and Abdur Rahman have filed the petition through one of their relatives.
Mohammad’s sons, in their petition, have challenged their arrest saying they were illegally detained by the security agencies, The Daily Times reports.
The lawyers representing the petitioners prayed before the court that the detention was against the law and thus the court should declare it void and direct the concerned authorities to release the petitioners.
Sufi was arrested along with his three other sons Ziaullah, Rizwanullah and Hayatullah, from their residence in Peshawar on July 22.
They were later sent to prison under the provision of the Maintenance of Public Order (MPO) law, which allows people to be detained without charges being filed against them.
Sufi’s sons were released last month after they challenged their detention in the Peshawar High Court, but were arrested again later by security officials, saying they were wanted in various other cases also.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Kerala Plus Two Results 2015 on keralaresults.nic.in
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset