Suicide attack against NATO-led forces injures 2 in Afghanistan
Farah: A suicide bomber blew himself up next to a convoy of NATO-led forces in Balablok district of Farah province, 695 km west of Kabul on Monday, wounding two civilians, spokesman for provincial administration Abdul Rahman Zhawandon said.
"The attacker driving an explosive-packed car blew himself up next to a convoy of NATO-led force in Balablok district at around 10:00 a.m. local time, wounding two passersby civilians," Zhawandon told Xinhua.
He also confirmed that the foreign forces convoy belonged to Italian troops who were on routine patrol when the blast happened.
Zhawandon also added that there were casualties on the troops but could not comment, saying NATO-led forces may brief the media. The military alliance has yet to comment.
On the other hand, Qari yusuf Ahmadi who claims to speak for the Taliban outfit in talks with media via telephone from unknown location claimed responsibility, saying some Italian soldiers were killed in the attack.
More than 3,000 Italian troops have been serving in Afghanistan within the framework of NATO-led International Security Assistance Force ( ISAF) to fight Taliban and help stabilize the conflict- ridden country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29