Suicide attack against NATO-led forces injures 2 in Afghanistan
Farah: A suicide bomber blew himself up next to a convoy of NATO-led forces in Balablok district of Farah province, 695 km west of Kabul on Monday, wounding two civilians, spokesman for provincial administration Abdul Rahman Zhawandon said.
"The attacker driving an explosive-packed car blew himself up next to a convoy of NATO-led force in Balablok district at around 10:00 a.m. local time, wounding two passersby civilians," Zhawandon told Xinhua.
He also confirmed that the foreign forces convoy belonged to Italian troops who were on routine patrol when the blast happened.
Zhawandon also added that there were casualties on the troops but could not comment, saying NATO-led forces may brief the media. The military alliance has yet to comment.
On the other hand, Qari yusuf Ahmadi who claims to speak for the Taliban outfit in talks with media via telephone from unknown location claimed responsibility, saying some Italian soldiers were killed in the attack.
More than 3,000 Italian troops have been serving in Afghanistan within the framework of NATO-led International Security Assistance Force ( ISAF) to fight Taliban and help stabilize the conflict- ridden country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof