Suicide attack against NATO-led forces injures 2 in Afghanistan
Farah: A suicide bomber blew himself up next to a convoy of NATO-led forces in Balablok district of Farah province, 695 km west of Kabul on Monday, wounding two civilians, spokesman for provincial administration Abdul Rahman Zhawandon said.
"The attacker driving an explosive-packed car blew himself up next to a convoy of NATO-led force in Balablok district at around 10:00 a.m. local time, wounding two passersby civilians," Zhawandon told Xinhua.
He also confirmed that the foreign forces convoy belonged to Italian troops who were on routine patrol when the blast happened.
Zhawandon also added that there were casualties on the troops but could not comment, saying NATO-led forces may brief the media. The military alliance has yet to comment.
On the other hand, Qari yusuf Ahmadi who claims to speak for the Taliban outfit in talks with media via telephone from unknown location claimed responsibility, saying some Italian soldiers were killed in the attack.
More than 3,000 Italian troops have been serving in Afghanistan within the framework of NATO-led International Security Assistance Force ( ISAF) to fight Taliban and help stabilize the conflict- ridden country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- Grand Alliance set to win Bihar election: Survey
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest