Suicide attack in Balochistan’s Quetta kills six
The incident occurred in Quetta, the provincial capital city, when the suicide bomber rammed his explosive-laden vehicle into inspector general of police Mushtaq Sukhera`s convoy, reported Dawn citing a police official seeking anonymity.
Sukhera, however, narrowly escaped the attack which shattered the windows of nearby houses. The powerful blast could be heard far and wide in the city.
Militants also fired six rockets in the city, causing panic among the local populace, said police.
Sukhera was appointed IG Balochistan in February following two massive sectarian attacks in the city, which killed and wounded hundreds of people.
No miltant group claimed responsibility for Sunday`s attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?