Suicide attack in Balochistan’s Quetta kills six
The incident occurred in Quetta, the provincial capital city, when the suicide bomber rammed his explosive-laden vehicle into inspector general of police Mushtaq Sukhera`s convoy, reported Dawn citing a police official seeking anonymity.
Sukhera, however, narrowly escaped the attack which shattered the windows of nearby houses. The powerful blast could be heard far and wide in the city.
Militants also fired six rockets in the city, causing panic among the local populace, said police.
Sukhera was appointed IG Balochistan in February following two massive sectarian attacks in the city, which killed and wounded hundreds of people.
No miltant group claimed responsibility for Sunday`s attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!