Suicide attack in Balochistan’s Quetta kills six
The incident occurred in Quetta, the provincial capital city, when the suicide bomber rammed his explosive-laden vehicle into inspector general of police Mushtaq Sukhera`s convoy, reported Dawn citing a police official seeking anonymity.
Sukhera, however, narrowly escaped the attack which shattered the windows of nearby houses. The powerful blast could be heard far and wide in the city.
Militants also fired six rockets in the city, causing panic among the local populace, said police.
Sukhera was appointed IG Balochistan in February following two massive sectarian attacks in the city, which killed and wounded hundreds of people.
No miltant group claimed responsibility for Sunday`s attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog