Suicide attack in Balochistan’s Quetta kills six
The incident occurred in Quetta, the provincial capital city, when the suicide bomber rammed his explosive-laden vehicle into inspector general of police Mushtaq Sukhera`s convoy, reported Dawn citing a police official seeking anonymity.
Sukhera, however, narrowly escaped the attack which shattered the windows of nearby houses. The powerful blast could be heard far and wide in the city.
Militants also fired six rockets in the city, causing panic among the local populace, said police.
Sukhera was appointed IG Balochistan in February following two massive sectarian attacks in the city, which killed and wounded hundreds of people.
No miltant group claimed responsibility for Sunday`s attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Does a corrupt govt influence the mindset of the youth?
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?