Suicide attack in Balochistan’s Quetta kills six
The incident occurred in Quetta, the provincial capital city, when the suicide bomber rammed his explosive-laden vehicle into inspector general of police Mushtaq Sukhera`s convoy, reported Dawn citing a police official seeking anonymity.
Sukhera, however, narrowly escaped the attack which shattered the windows of nearby houses. The powerful blast could be heard far and wide in the city.
Militants also fired six rockets in the city, causing panic among the local populace, said police.
Sukhera was appointed IG Balochistan in February following two massive sectarian attacks in the city, which killed and wounded hundreds of people.
No miltant group claimed responsibility for Sunday`s attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH