Suicide attack kills 12 in Pakistan`s Peshawar
Islamabad: At least 12 people were killed and 31 injured in a suicide attack in Pakistan Friday as a convoy of security personnel near the US Consulate in Peshawar city, was targetted, police said.
The suicide bomber detonated his explosives near a Frontier Constabulary convoy in a high security area of the city, Dawn reported.
The bomber intended to target FC Commandant Abdul Majeed Marwat, security officials said. He, however, managed to escape the attack relatively unhurt.
Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) spokesperson Ehsanullah Ehsan later claimed responsibility for the attack, saying they targeted the FC for their repeated operations against the Taliban and tribal people.
Police Superintendent Mohammad Faisal said eight to 10 kg of explosive were used in the blast.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH