Suicide attack kills 12 in Pakistan`s Peshawar
Islamabad: At least 12 people were killed and 31 injured in a suicide attack in Pakistan Friday as a convoy of security personnel near the US Consulate in Peshawar city, was targetted, police said.
The suicide bomber detonated his explosives near a Frontier Constabulary convoy in a high security area of the city, Dawn reported.
The bomber intended to target FC Commandant Abdul Majeed Marwat, security officials said. He, however, managed to escape the attack relatively unhurt.
Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) spokesperson Ehsanullah Ehsan later claimed responsibility for the attack, saying they targeted the FC for their repeated operations against the Taliban and tribal people.
Police Superintendent Mohammad Faisal said eight to 10 kg of explosive were used in the blast.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Ravindra Jadeja gets engaged to Rajkot-based mechanical engineer Reeva Solanki
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- Abhishek Bachchan's 'family' birthday—See pics