Suicide attack kills 12 in Pakistan`s Peshawar
Islamabad: At least 12 people were killed and 31 injured in a suicide attack in Pakistan Friday as a convoy of security personnel near the US Consulate in Peshawar city, was targetted, police said.
The suicide bomber detonated his explosives near a Frontier Constabulary convoy in a high security area of the city, Dawn reported.
The bomber intended to target FC Commandant Abdul Majeed Marwat, security officials said. He, however, managed to escape the attack relatively unhurt.
Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) spokesperson Ehsanullah Ehsan later claimed responsibility for the attack, saying they targeted the FC for their repeated operations against the Taliban and tribal people.
Police Superintendent Mohammad Faisal said eight to 10 kg of explosive were used in the blast.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- PM Modi congratulates Zee News for its efforts to promote energy conservation
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah