Suicide attack kills 17 soldiers in NW Pakistan
Islamabad: Death toll of last night`s suicide bomb attack at an army check post in Pakistan`s northwest tribal area of North Waziristan has risen to 17 on Sunday morning, local media reported.
Quoting unidentified official sources, Dunya TV said that a suicide bomber rammed his explosive laden vehicle into a check post jointly owned by Pakistan Army and Frontier Constabulary, a local paramilitary force, on Saturday night.
The blast killed five soldiers and injured over 30 others.
The injured soldiers were shifted to a nearby hospital where 12 of them succumbed to injuries on Sunday, said the report.
Some of the media reports said that the check post was located near army barracks which were leveled to ground following the blast.
No group claimed responsibility for the attack.
The incident happened in Miranshah area of North Waziristan, a militant insurgent tribal area located at Pakistan-Afghan border.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka bandh tomorrow; film theatres to remain closed, protests grow – More details
- HC upholds summoning of Vijay Mallya in cheque-bounce cases
- Scientists identify key protein that can predict ovarian cancer early!
- Report on roadmap to double farmers' income by Sept: Govt
- Sugar prices up in Delhi by Rs 2 in June-July at Rs 40-41 per kg