Suicide attack kills 17 soldiers in NW Pakistan
Islamabad: Death toll of last night`s suicide bomb attack at an army check post in Pakistan`s northwest tribal area of North Waziristan has risen to 17 on Sunday morning, local media reported.
Quoting unidentified official sources, Dunya TV said that a suicide bomber rammed his explosive laden vehicle into a check post jointly owned by Pakistan Army and Frontier Constabulary, a local paramilitary force, on Saturday night.
The blast killed five soldiers and injured over 30 others.
The injured soldiers were shifted to a nearby hospital where 12 of them succumbed to injuries on Sunday, said the report.
Some of the media reports said that the check post was located near army barracks which were leveled to ground following the blast.
No group claimed responsibility for the attack.
The incident happened in Miranshah area of North Waziristan, a militant insurgent tribal area located at Pakistan-Afghan border.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'