Suicide attack kills 17 soldiers in NW Pakistan
Islamabad: Death toll of last night`s suicide bomb attack at an army check post in Pakistan`s northwest tribal area of North Waziristan has risen to 17 on Sunday morning, local media reported.
Quoting unidentified official sources, Dunya TV said that a suicide bomber rammed his explosive laden vehicle into a check post jointly owned by Pakistan Army and Frontier Constabulary, a local paramilitary force, on Saturday night.
The blast killed five soldiers and injured over 30 others.
The injured soldiers were shifted to a nearby hospital where 12 of them succumbed to injuries on Sunday, said the report.
Some of the media reports said that the check post was located near army barracks which were leveled to ground following the blast.
No group claimed responsibility for the attack.
The incident happened in Miranshah area of North Waziristan, a militant insurgent tribal area located at Pakistan-Afghan border.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Islamic State selling sex slaves on Facebook for $8,000
- Puducherry: Narayanasamy to meet Lt Gov Kiran Bedi today, stake claim to form govt
- Armed squad kills 11 people in Venezuela: Official
- Khalistan terror camp running in Canada to attack Punjab; Justin Trudeau govt alerted
- Barack Obama could be Hillary's secret weapon in rallying Democratic support: Report