Suicide attack kills 3 Pak soldiers in North Waziristan
Islamabad: At least three soldiers were killed and four more injured in a suicide attack on a check post in the lawless North Waziristan tribal region of Pakistan on Tuesday.
The bomber targeted a check post in Syed Gai area of North Waziristan Agency, TV news channels quoted security sources as saying.
Three soldiers were killed instantly. The injured were taken to a hospital in Miranshah, the main town in the region and considered to be a safe haven for Taliban and Al Qaeda elements.
No group has claimed responsibility for the attack as yet. Pakistan’s restive northwest has witnessed a spike in violence ahead of the May 11 general election.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000