Suicide attack kills 3 Pak soldiers in North Waziristan
Islamabad: At least three soldiers were killed and four more injured in a suicide attack on a check post in the lawless North Waziristan tribal region of Pakistan on Tuesday.
The bomber targeted a check post in Syed Gai area of North Waziristan Agency, TV news channels quoted security sources as saying.
Three soldiers were killed instantly. The injured were taken to a hospital in Miranshah, the main town in the region and considered to be a safe haven for Taliban and Al Qaeda elements.
No group has claimed responsibility for the attack as yet. Pakistan’s restive northwest has witnessed a spike in violence ahead of the May 11 general election.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers