Suicide attack kills 3 Pak soldiers in North Waziristan
Islamabad: At least three soldiers were killed and four more injured in a suicide attack on a check post in the lawless North Waziristan tribal region of Pakistan on Tuesday.
The bomber targeted a check post in Syed Gai area of North Waziristan Agency, TV news channels quoted security sources as saying.
Three soldiers were killed instantly. The injured were taken to a hospital in Miranshah, the main town in the region and considered to be a safe haven for Taliban and Al Qaeda elements.
No group has claimed responsibility for the attack as yet. Pakistan’s restive northwest has witnessed a spike in violence ahead of the May 11 general election.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list