Suicide attack kills 3 Pak soldiers in North Waziristan
Islamabad: At least three soldiers were killed and four more injured in a suicide attack on a check post in the lawless North Waziristan tribal region of Pakistan on Tuesday.
The bomber targeted a check post in Syed Gai area of North Waziristan Agency, TV news channels quoted security sources as saying.
Three soldiers were killed instantly. The injured were taken to a hospital in Miranshah, the main town in the region and considered to be a safe haven for Taliban and Al Qaeda elements.
No group has claimed responsibility for the attack as yet. Pakistan’s restive northwest has witnessed a spike in violence ahead of the May 11 general election.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack