Suicide attack on police van in northwest Pakistan
Islamabad: A suicide bomber today targeted a police van in Bannu town of northwest Pakistan, killing at least two policemen and injuring more than 10 others, officials and witnesses said.
The bomber, who was reportedly riding a motorcycle, detonated his explosives near the Saddar police station in Bannu, which has witnessed numerous attacks by militants in the past four years.
Two policemen in the van were killed instantly, witnesses and police officials said.
Several policemen and passers-by were among the injured.
Witnesses said the blast was followed by firing.
The attack occurred in a crowded area.
Security forces cordoned off the site after the blast.
No group claimed responsibility for the attack though such incidents are usually blamed on the banned Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- PM Modi meets Amit Shah and Arun Jaitley, discusses key issues
- Wimbledon 2016: Novak Djokovic wins 30th consecutive Grand Slam match, Roger Federer ends Marcus Willis' fairytale
- Istanbul terror attack: 41 killed, ISIS prime suspect; Ataturk Airport resumes flights
- US polls: Barack Obama to campaign with Hillary Clinton, Donald Trump shrinks gap
- NSG membership: We 'regret' India's failure in Seoul but won't give up, says US