Suicide attack on police van in northwest Pakistan
Islamabad: A suicide bomber today targeted a police van in Bannu town of northwest Pakistan, killing at least two policemen and injuring more than 10 others, officials and witnesses said.
The bomber, who was reportedly riding a motorcycle, detonated his explosives near the Saddar police station in Bannu, which has witnessed numerous attacks by militants in the past four years.
Two policemen in the van were killed instantly, witnesses and police officials said.
Several policemen and passers-by were among the injured.
Witnesses said the blast was followed by firing.
The attack occurred in a crowded area.
Security forces cordoned off the site after the blast.
No group claimed responsibility for the attack though such incidents are usually blamed on the banned Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love