Suicide attack on police van in northwest Pakistan
Islamabad: A suicide bomber today targeted a police van in Bannu town of northwest Pakistan, killing at least two policemen and injuring more than 10 others, officials and witnesses said.
The bomber, who was reportedly riding a motorcycle, detonated his explosives near the Saddar police station in Bannu, which has witnessed numerous attacks by militants in the past four years.
Two policemen in the van were killed instantly, witnesses and police officials said.
Several policemen and passers-by were among the injured.
Witnesses said the blast was followed by firing.
The attack occurred in a crowded area.
Security forces cordoned off the site after the blast.
No group claimed responsibility for the attack though such incidents are usually blamed on the banned Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port
- French Open 2016: Andy Murray, Stan Wawrinka face Czech challenge in Paris
- Iraq PM announces start of operation to retake Fallujah
- Amnesty warns Yemen civilians face cluster bombs `minefields`
- KTM 1290 Super Duke R based Husqvarna 1301 spotted testing
- 17 girls dead in fire at school dormitory in Thailand