Suicide attack on police van in northwest Pakistan
Islamabad: A suicide bomber today targeted a police van in Bannu town of northwest Pakistan, killing at least two policemen and injuring more than 10 others, officials and witnesses said.
The bomber, who was reportedly riding a motorcycle, detonated his explosives near the Saddar police station in Bannu, which has witnessed numerous attacks by militants in the past four years.
Two policemen in the van were killed instantly, witnesses and police officials said.
Several policemen and passers-by were among the injured.
Witnesses said the blast was followed by firing.
The attack occurred in a crowded area.
Security forces cordoned off the site after the blast.
No group claimed responsibility for the attack though such incidents are usually blamed on the banned Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16