Suicide bomb kills 3 in Afghan south: Officials
Kandahar: Officials say a suicide car bomber has killed at least three people and wounded 15 in southern Afghanistan.
Police say the bomber detonated his explosives-packed vehicle near a hotel in Kandahar, the main city in the province of the same name.
Hospital official Mohammad Ibrahim says the three killed included a child.
The bombing comes as NATO and Afghan forces are preparing for a joint offensive against Taliban militants in the neighbouring province of Helmand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- US floods: 24 dead in West Virginia; search and rescue continues
- Pampore terror attack: PM Narendra Modi pained by demise of CRPF jawans, salutes their courage
- PM Narendra Modi to share his thoughts in 21st edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' today
- IIFA Awards 2016: Here is the list of winners
- Political novice Gudni Johannesson elected Iceland president amid football fever