Suicide bomber killed in failed attack on Pak police station
Peshawar: A teenage suicide bomber was
killed on Friday when his explosives-laden vehicle blew up near a
police station in Pakistan`s restive northwest, injuring four
people, officials said.
Some of the explosives in the pick-up truck went off
before the bomber could hit the police station in Bannu city
of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province, they said.
The blast killed the attacker and injured four
A bomb disposal squad later defused 15 drums and four
bags filled with explosives that were packed into the truck’s
Officials said the bomber was aged between 15 and 18
Police also arrested two suspects from the site of
No group claimed responsibility for the attack though
such strikes are usually blamed on the Pakistani Taliban,
which has vowed to target police and security personnel to
avenge the killing of militants in military operations across
Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa and the tribal belt bordering Afghanistan.
Last month, 20 people were killed when a suicide
attacker rammed an explosives-laden vehicle into a police
station in Bannu district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly