Suicide bomber killed in failed attack on Pak police station
Peshawar: A teenage suicide bomber was
killed on Friday when his explosives-laden vehicle blew up near a
police station in Pakistan`s restive northwest, injuring four
people, officials said.
Some of the explosives in the pick-up truck went off
before the bomber could hit the police station in Bannu city
of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province, they said.
The blast killed the attacker and injured four
A bomb disposal squad later defused 15 drums and four
bags filled with explosives that were packed into the truck’s
Officials said the bomber was aged between 15 and 18
Police also arrested two suspects from the site of
No group claimed responsibility for the attack though
such strikes are usually blamed on the Pakistani Taliban,
which has vowed to target police and security personnel to
avenge the killing of militants in military operations across
Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa and the tribal belt bordering Afghanistan.
Last month, 20 people were killed when a suicide
attacker rammed an explosives-laden vehicle into a police
station in Bannu district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal