Suicide bomber kills 1 near Afghan Army base
Kabul: Afghan and NATO officials say a suicide bomber detonated a truck full of explosives outside a combat outpost in eastern Afghanistan, killing one person and wounding five people.
The police chief in Logar province, Gen Ghulam Saki Rooghlawanay, says the bomber tried to enter a base used by Afghan and NATO forces in Mohammad Agha district.
Rooghlawanay says that when the bomber was not allowed onto the base, he drove toward nearby government buildings, a clinic and a youth center, which was heavily damaged in the Friday morning blast.
The police chief says an Afghan businessman was killed. Three Afghan soldiers and two Afghan intelligence employees were wounded.
NATO says no coalition service members were killed in the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail