Suicide bomber kills 1 near Afghan Army base
Kabul: Afghan and NATO officials say a suicide bomber detonated a truck full of explosives outside a combat outpost in eastern Afghanistan, killing one person and wounding five people.
The police chief in Logar province, Gen Ghulam Saki Rooghlawanay, says the bomber tried to enter a base used by Afghan and NATO forces in Mohammad Agha district.
Rooghlawanay says that when the bomber was not allowed onto the base, he drove toward nearby government buildings, a clinic and a youth center, which was heavily damaged in the Friday morning blast.
The police chief says an Afghan businessman was killed. Three Afghan soldiers and two Afghan intelligence employees were wounded.
NATO says no coalition service members were killed in the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends