`Suicide bombers may target NADRA, Lahore, Islamabad`
Lahore: The main offices of Pakistan’s National Database and Registration Authority (NADRA) and the passport issuing authority in Lahore and Islamabad can become targets of suicide attacks by two banned terrorist organisations - the Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) and the Lashkar-e-Jhangvi (LJ), intelligence agencies have warned.
According to a letter by the Lahore commissioner quoting intelligence input, the terror outfits are planning to carry out attacks on these offices in order to punish them for their role in identification of suicide bombers through DNA tests and fingerprints.
The News quoted the letter as saying that TTP member Abu Bakar alias Abdullah Farooqi has entered Lahore along with his two associates to launch terrorist attacks in the city.
The same group has also been tasked to target Maulana Tahirul Qadri for issuing a decree against the suicide bombings.
The letter further said that Abdul Mannan Muavia of Lashkar-e-Jhangvi along with his three accomplices is planning to target police offices in Jhang District and armed forces in the Karachi Cantt.
CCPO Pervez Rathore was quoted as saying that the security has been beefed up in and around the buildings of NADRA and passport offices in Lahore and Islamabad. (ANI)
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living