Suicide bombing at Eid celebrations foiled in Afghanistan
Kabul: A suicide bombing attempt in Afghanistan`s Baghlan province was thwarted Friday when police arrested a man with explosives strapped around his body, RIA Novosti reported.
The man was held as he tried to target guests at an Eid celebration being hosted by the local security command, Khaama Press reported. Security forces overpowered him before he could set off the explosives.
It could be possible following a tip off about an impending suicide attack.
The arrest came as the attacker, identified as Abdullah, tried to enter the celebration venue dressed as a police officer, said provincial security chief Asadullah Shirzad.
Abdullah is the second would-be suicide bomber to be arrested in the province in three days, the official added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan