Suicide bombing at Eid celebrations foiled in Afghanistan
Kabul: A suicide bombing attempt in Afghanistan`s Baghlan province was thwarted Friday when police arrested a man with explosives strapped around his body, RIA Novosti reported.
The man was held as he tried to target guests at an Eid celebration being hosted by the local security command, Khaama Press reported. Security forces overpowered him before he could set off the explosives.
It could be possible following a tip off about an impending suicide attack.
The arrest came as the attacker, identified as Abdullah, tried to enter the celebration venue dressed as a police officer, said provincial security chief Asadullah Shirzad.
Abdullah is the second would-be suicide bomber to be arrested in the province in three days, the official added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families? - Part II
- DNA: Who are the sponsors and co-sponsors of terrorism in India?
- DNA: Who are the sponsors and co-sponsors of terrorism in India? Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the mystery of missing IAF aircraft AN-32