Suicide bombing at Eid celebrations foiled in Afghanistan
Kabul: A suicide bombing attempt in Afghanistan`s Baghlan province was thwarted Friday when police arrested a man with explosives strapped around his body, RIA Novosti reported.
The man was held as he tried to target guests at an Eid celebration being hosted by the local security command, Khaama Press reported. Security forces overpowered him before he could set off the explosives.
It could be possible following a tip off about an impending suicide attack.
The arrest came as the attacker, identified as Abdullah, tried to enter the celebration venue dressed as a police officer, said provincial security chief Asadullah Shirzad.
Abdullah is the second would-be suicide bomber to be arrested in the province in three days, the official added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery