Suicide bombing at Eid celebrations foiled in Afghanistan
Kabul: A suicide bombing attempt in Afghanistan`s Baghlan province was thwarted Friday when police arrested a man with explosives strapped around his body, RIA Novosti reported.
The man was held as he tried to target guests at an Eid celebration being hosted by the local security command, Khaama Press reported. Security forces overpowered him before he could set off the explosives.
It could be possible following a tip off about an impending suicide attack.
The arrest came as the attacker, identified as Abdullah, tried to enter the celebration venue dressed as a police officer, said provincial security chief Asadullah Shirzad.
Abdullah is the second would-be suicide bomber to be arrested in the province in three days, the official added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- Vodafone to start e-KYC from Aug 24 for instant SIM activation
- Belgian jazz musician Toots Thielemans dies at 94
- Finance Ministry expects new RBI Governor Urjit Patel to push growth while checking inflation
- Tata Motors launches two new commercial vehicles in Indonesia
- ArcelorMittal to pay $110 million fine for price fixing in South Africa