Suicide bombing in Pakistan kills 13
Islamabad: A police official says the death toll from a suicide bombing of a crowd gathered along a road in northwestern Pakistan to greet a prominent hardline Islamist politician has risen to 13.
Police official Saeed Khan says the bomber in Wednesday`s strike was riding a motorcycle and the attack occurred near a police checkpoint in Swabi town, some 44 miles (70 kilometers) outside the capital Islamabad. The dead included 12 civilians and one policeman. Another 12 people were wounded.
The crowd was lined up on either side of the road to greet Maulana Fazlur Rehman, the leader of Jamiat Ulema Islam, one of the country`s strongest hardline political parties. Rehman was traveling to Charsadda town to address a public gathering.
No group has claimed responsibility for the bombing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested