Suicide bombing kills 4 police in Afghanistan
Kabul: An Afghan official says a suicide truck bombing has killed four police officers in an eastern province.
Wardak provincial spokesman Attaullah Khogyani said the attack took place early today next to the police headquarters building in Nirkh district, a Taliban stronghold near Kabul.
Khogyani says the truck bomb was extremely large and destroyed the headquarters.
He says another 17 members of the security services were wounded, four critically.
Taliban spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid claimed responsibility for the attack in an email
sent to media. Afghan insurgents have increased their attacks in a campaign to retake territory as foreign forces withdraw.
Suicide attacks and roadside bombs are their favoured weapons, but they often result in civilian casualties.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!