Suicide bombing kills 4 police in Afghanistan
Kabul: An Afghan official says a suicide truck bombing has killed four police officers in an eastern province.
Wardak provincial spokesman Attaullah Khogyani said the attack took place early today next to the police headquarters building in Nirkh district, a Taliban stronghold near Kabul.
Khogyani says the truck bomb was extremely large and destroyed the headquarters.
He says another 17 members of the security services were wounded, four critically.
Taliban spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid claimed responsibility for the attack in an email
sent to media. Afghan insurgents have increased their attacks in a campaign to retake territory as foreign forces withdraw.
Suicide attacks and roadside bombs are their favoured weapons, but they often result in civilian casualties.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part IV
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- Sensex cracks below 26,000-mark, tanks 461 points
- Ranbir Kapoor's superhero dreams shattered?
- Make PM Narendra Modi's educational qualification public; people want to know truth: Arvind Kejriwal
- PM Narendra Modi takes his place alongside other world leaders at Madame Tussauds
- Indra Nooyi, Satya Nadella, Bhavesh Patel among highest paid CEOs in world