Suicide bombing kills 4 police in Afghanistan
Kabul: An Afghan official says a suicide truck bombing has killed four police officers in an eastern province.
Wardak provincial spokesman Attaullah Khogyani said the attack took place early today next to the police headquarters building in Nirkh district, a Taliban stronghold near Kabul.
Khogyani says the truck bomb was extremely large and destroyed the headquarters.
He says another 17 members of the security services were wounded, four critically.
Taliban spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid claimed responsibility for the attack in an email
sent to media. Afghan insurgents have increased their attacks in a campaign to retake territory as foreign forces withdraw.
Suicide attacks and roadside bombs are their favoured weapons, but they often result in civilian casualties.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you