Suicide bombing kills 4 police in Afghanistan
Kabul: An Afghan official says a suicide truck bombing has killed four police officers in an eastern province.
Wardak provincial spokesman Attaullah Khogyani said the attack took place early today next to the police headquarters building in Nirkh district, a Taliban stronghold near Kabul.
Khogyani says the truck bomb was extremely large and destroyed the headquarters.
He says another 17 members of the security services were wounded, four critically.
Taliban spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid claimed responsibility for the attack in an email
sent to media. Afghan insurgents have increased their attacks in a campaign to retake territory as foreign forces withdraw.
Suicide attacks and roadside bombs are their favoured weapons, but they often result in civilian casualties.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- DNA: Growing Russia-China ties a concern for India
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?