Suicide bombing kills 4 police in Afghanistan
Kabul: An Afghan official says a suicide truck bombing has killed four police officers in an eastern province.
Wardak provincial spokesman Attaullah Khogyani said the attack took place early today next to the police headquarters building in Nirkh district, a Taliban stronghold near Kabul.
Khogyani says the truck bomb was extremely large and destroyed the headquarters.
He says another 17 members of the security services were wounded, four critically.
Taliban spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid claimed responsibility for the attack in an email
sent to media. Afghan insurgents have increased their attacks in a campaign to retake territory as foreign forces withdraw.
Suicide attacks and roadside bombs are their favoured weapons, but they often result in civilian casualties.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Solapur Municipal Corporation, Congress bastion, wrested by BJP