Suicide car bomber kills 5 in southern Afghanistan
Kabul: Authorities say five civilians have been killed and 36 wounded in a suicide car bomb attack on an Afghan army vehicle in southern Afghanistan.
Local government spokesman Dawkhan Menapal says four Afghan army soldiers also were wounded in the attack Sunday in the Maywand district of Kandahar province.
No one immediately claimed responsibility for the attack but Afghan security forces are frequently targeted by insurgents. Violence has intensified in the country as most international troops prepare to withdraw at the end of the year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'