Suspect arrested in Saturday`s suicide bombing in Pakistan
Islamabad: A suspect involved in a suicide bombing in Pakistan on Saturday that killed one person has been arrested, media reports said on Sunday.
The intelligence officials have taken the person, who allegedly drove the vehicle used in the Lahore-Islamabad motorway suicide blast, under their custody and started an investigation into the incident, Geo news reported on Sunday.
Police sources said the car, used in the Lillah interchange blast on the Lahore-Islamabad motorway, was coming from Peshawar and the motorway police had seized the driver of the car before the explosion.
The accused was aged between 22-23 years and could not speak Urdu fluently, it said.
A police officer said the arrested accused has been shifted to a fortified location for further investigation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened