Suspected militants kill 4 `US spies` in Pakistan
Mir Ali: Suspected Taliban militants in Pakistan`s northwest have slaughtered four men they accused of spying for the United States.
The mutilated bodies were dumped in an open area in Mir Ali, a major town in the North Waziristan tribal region.
Dozens of men have been killed in a similar fashion in North Waziristan in recent years, especially as the US has pushed for Pakistan`s Army to take on insurgents based there who plan attacks in neighbouring Afghanistan.
Area residents reportedly saw the bodies on Friday morning. One was beheaded, while the other three had slit throats and severed hands.
Notes attached to the bodies warned others to learn from the fate of the so-called spies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees