Suspected suicide bombers held in Pakistan
Peshawar: Police arrested two suspected
suicide bombers in northwest Pakistan on Wednesday before they could
hit their target and seized suicide vests and grenades from
The would-be bombers, Sameen Khan and Jangraiz, were
arrested from a graveyard in Mathra area of Peshawar district
in Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province. They were taken to an
undisclosed location for interrogation.
Police set up blockades after receiving a tip-off that
two bombers would enter Mathra from Mohmand tribal region.
Officials said an important person in Peshawar, who
they did not name, was believed to be the target of the
bombers. They said an investigation will be conducted to
ascertain who was on their hit list.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price