Suspected suicide bombers held in Pakistan
Peshawar: Police arrested two suspected
suicide bombers in northwest Pakistan on Wednesday before they could
hit their target and seized suicide vests and grenades from
The would-be bombers, Sameen Khan and Jangraiz, were
arrested from a graveyard in Mathra area of Peshawar district
in Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province. They were taken to an
undisclosed location for interrogation.
Police set up blockades after receiving a tip-off that
two bombers would enter Mathra from Mohmand tribal region.
Officials said an important person in Peshawar, who
they did not name, was believed to be the target of the
bombers. They said an investigation will be conducted to
ascertain who was on their hit list.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH