Swine flu in Bhutan, 4 test positive
Thimphu: Bhutan has become the latest country to be affected by swine flu with four Bhutanese testing positive for the pandemic virus, two of whom were detected within the country. Officials said a three-year-old girl and a 38-year-old woman, both residents of Thimphu but from different families, tested positive.
"We found that they hadn``t gone out of Thimphu at all," said health director Ugen Dophu. Health officials are still investigating the source of the flu in Bhutan.
"It``s important for us to know where they got the flu from. But the two infected have now recovered," Dophu told the state-run daily Kuensel.
The two other cases were detected outside Bhutan. According to the department of public health, a 38-year-old man, pursuing his master``s in Bangkok, was the first Bhutanese to be infected by the flu.
He had left Bhutan on June 4, fell ill on June 12 and 13 and by June 16 tested positive. "They initially thought he``d brought it from Bhutan, but later found that he``d got it in Bangkok.
It was his first visit out of Bhutan," said Dophu. The second Bhutanese to get the flu was one of eight students, who were in Japan on a study tour.
"The rest of the group were given Tamiflu," said Dophu. According to WHO, 135 countries have been infected by the flu as of July 8, killing over 700 people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!