Tajikistan says 7 fugitives caught in Afghanistan
Dushanbe (Tajikistan): Tajikistan`s state
security service says seven of the 25 prisoners who fled in a
brazen jailbreak in August have been recaptured in
National State Security Committee spokesman Nozirdzhon
Buriyev said on Monday that among the captured fugitives are two
Tajiks convicted on charges that included attempting to
violently overthrow the government and three Afghan citizens
jailed for arms trafficking and murder.
The violent breakout this summer dealt an embarrassing
blow to the Central Asian nation`s government that has faced
what it called an Islamist insurgency. This weekend`s arrests
brings the tally of fugitives killed or recaptured up to 17.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today