Tajikistan says 7 fugitives caught in Afghanistan
Dushanbe (Tajikistan): Tajikistan`s state
security service says seven of the 25 prisoners who fled in a
brazen jailbreak in August have been recaptured in
National State Security Committee spokesman Nozirdzhon
Buriyev said on Monday that among the captured fugitives are two
Tajiks convicted on charges that included attempting to
violently overthrow the government and three Afghan citizens
jailed for arms trafficking and murder.
The violent breakout this summer dealt an embarrassing
blow to the Central Asian nation`s government that has faced
what it called an Islamist insurgency. This weekend`s arrests
brings the tally of fugitives killed or recaptured up to 17.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- LIVE Cricket Score, IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Kohli hits 26th hundred as India inch closer to win
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: After his sacking, Ramgopal Yadav writes to Mulayam, says 'you're surrounded by evil forces'
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption