Take action against anti-Islam filmmaker: PML-Q to US
Islamabad: The chief of the Pakistan Muslim League-Quaid (PML-Q), Chaudhry Shujaat Hussain, has said he would call upon Muslims in the United States not to vote for President Barack Obama if he fails to take action against those responsible for making the anti-Islam film, which has created a furore across the Muslim world.
The film- Innocence of Muslims- portrays Prophet Muhammad as a fraud, a womanizer and a child molester.
Shujaat said freedom of expression has nothing to do with the sacrilegious film, which he termed "profane and a brazen act of terrorism", reports The Nation.
He said disrespect to the Holy Prophet was a gross act of terrorism, and hence, the responsible persons should be given the severest punishment.
"The matter necessitates not just verbal protest, but pressuring the U.S. for a direct action," he said, and demanded the Pakistan government to pressurise the U.S. for direct action against those who made the film.
The United Nations and the Organization of the Islamic Cooperation (OIC), he stated, should vehemently raise their voice on the matter and take up some practical measures.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown