Take action against anti-Islam filmmaker: PML-Q to US
Islamabad: The chief of the Pakistan Muslim League-Quaid (PML-Q), Chaudhry Shujaat Hussain, has said he would call upon Muslims in the United States not to vote for President Barack Obama if he fails to take action against those responsible for making the anti-Islam film, which has created a furore across the Muslim world.
The film- Innocence of Muslims- portrays Prophet Muhammad as a fraud, a womanizer and a child molester.
Shujaat said freedom of expression has nothing to do with the sacrilegious film, which he termed "profane and a brazen act of terrorism", reports The Nation.
He said disrespect to the Holy Prophet was a gross act of terrorism, and hence, the responsible persons should be given the severest punishment.
"The matter necessitates not just verbal protest, but pressuring the U.S. for a direct action," he said, and demanded the Pakistan government to pressurise the U.S. for direct action against those who made the film.
The United Nations and the Organization of the Islamic Cooperation (OIC), he stated, should vehemently raise their voice on the matter and take up some practical measures.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!