Take action against anti-Islam filmmaker: PML-Q to US
Islamabad: The chief of the Pakistan Muslim League-Quaid (PML-Q), Chaudhry Shujaat Hussain, has said he would call upon Muslims in the United States not to vote for President Barack Obama if he fails to take action against those responsible for making the anti-Islam film, which has created a furore across the Muslim world.
The film- Innocence of Muslims- portrays Prophet Muhammad as a fraud, a womanizer and a child molester.
Shujaat said freedom of expression has nothing to do with the sacrilegious film, which he termed "profane and a brazen act of terrorism", reports The Nation.
He said disrespect to the Holy Prophet was a gross act of terrorism, and hence, the responsible persons should be given the severest punishment.
"The matter necessitates not just verbal protest, but pressuring the U.S. for a direct action," he said, and demanded the Pakistan government to pressurise the U.S. for direct action against those who made the film.
The United Nations and the Organization of the Islamic Cooperation (OIC), he stated, should vehemently raise their voice on the matter and take up some practical measures.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!