Taliban atacks won’t halt Waziristan offensive: Gilani
Islamabad: Pakistan Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani has vowed that the military offensive in South Waziristan would continue until its logical conclusion despite the Taliban’s continuous effort to create havoc across the country and derail the civilian government.
Speaking at a high level meeting on national security at the Prime Minister’s House, Gilani said stern action would be taken against all those who challenge the writ of the state and stressed that failure in the ongoing Waziristan military operation was not an option.
“Failure (in dealing with terrorists) is not an option, irrespective of the ferocity of the recent attacks. The military operation in South Waziristan will be taken to its logical conclusion. The whole nation is united against those who are out to terrorise the society thinking their demands will be accepted,” The Daily Times quoted Gilani, as saying.
Gilani said the government would provide all help to relocate people who are displaced because of the ongoing conflict and ensured all educational institutions would be provided fool-proof security cover.
“We will provide them Rs 5,000 per month month, in addition to ration and relief goods,” Gilani said while referring to the internally displaced people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened