Taliban attack: Prince Harry ‘whisked to safety by bodyguards`
London: Prince Harry was whisked to safety by bodyguards of Britain’s Special Air Services (SAS) when the Taliban launched a deadly attack on a US base in Afghanistan.
Rockets and mortar were recently fired, damaging buildings and aircraft at American Camp Leatherneck, the US base neighbouring the British Camp Bastion in Helmand province.
Harry had grabbed a pistol and was ready to fight, but was taken to a fortified safe room on the base during the three-hour suicide bombing mission, the Daily Mirror reports.
“There was no messing about. Harry was taken straight to the safe place as soon as the alarm went off,” the report quoted an insider at the huge base in Afghanistan, as saying.
“He was prepared for the fight, but had to follow the plan. If anything happened to him, it would have been disastrous,” the insider said.
“The whole camp was locked down. All troops, including Harry, had to stay in their accommodation wearing full body armour and armed,” the person added.
According to the report, Harry, 28, was relaxing in the pilots’ lounge when the alarm was raised.
Two US Marines were killed as around 15 Taliban fighters wearing US Army uniforms went on the rampage on Tuesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next