Taliban attacks setback for peace talks: Shari
Islamabad: Pakistani Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif Saturday described Pakistani Taliban`s recent attacks as a serious setback for the ongoing peace talks between the militant group and the government.
"These attacks were sad and should have not occurred as we view such acts as a serious setback for the peace process," Xinhua quoted Sharif as saing on board his special plane while returning from visit to Turkey.
"I am seriously concerned at the terror attacks during the ongoing peace dialogue," he said."It is my desire that no more innocent people loose their lives in terrorism."
Sharif`s comments came two days after a deadly bomb attack on a police bus in the port city of Karachi killed 13 police officers and injured dozens. Taliban claimed responsibility for the attack.
The attack avenged Taliban members killed in Karachi and other cities in recent days by the police and paramilitary troops, Taliban spokesperson Shahidullah Shahid said.
Sharif said his government has started the dialogue with sincerity and formed a negotiating committee to take the process forward. He also hailed formation of a team of mediators by the Taliban but stressed that the bloodshed should be stopped.
Sharif, however, defended dialogue with the Taliban to seek political solution to the conflict.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Heat wave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan Lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India