Taliban behead 11 Afghan civilians
Tirinkot (Afghanistan): Decapitated bodies of 11 people abducted by Taliban were found in Afghanistan`s restive central Uruzgan province Friday, an official said.
The bodies were found in the Baghchar area of Khas Uruzgan district, where a Taliban commander, Juma Khan, was killed last month during a clash with international forces, deputy police chief Gulab Khan was quoted as saying by Pajhwok Afghan News.
"Taliban insurgents might have killed them on the charge of spying for US troops who killed their commander," Khan said.
The victims were abducted Thursday when they were travelling to provincial capital, Tirinkot, the police officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!