Taliban behead 11 Afghan civilians
Tirinkot (Afghanistan): Decapitated bodies of 11 people abducted by Taliban were found in Afghanistan`s restive central Uruzgan province Friday, an official said.
The bodies were found in the Baghchar area of Khas Uruzgan district, where a Taliban commander, Juma Khan, was killed last month during a clash with international forces, deputy police chief Gulab Khan was quoted as saying by Pajhwok Afghan News.
"Taliban insurgents might have killed them on the charge of spying for US troops who killed their commander," Khan said.
The victims were abducted Thursday when they were travelling to provincial capital, Tirinkot, the police officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes