Taliban behead 11 Afghan civilians
Tirinkot (Afghanistan): Decapitated bodies of 11 people abducted by Taliban were found in Afghanistan`s restive central Uruzgan province Friday, an official said.
The bodies were found in the Baghchar area of Khas Uruzgan district, where a Taliban commander, Juma Khan, was killed last month during a clash with international forces, deputy police chief Gulab Khan was quoted as saying by Pajhwok Afghan News.
"Taliban insurgents might have killed them on the charge of spying for US troops who killed their commander," Khan said.
The victims were abducted Thursday when they were travelling to provincial capital, Tirinkot, the police officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!