Taliban behead 11 Afghan civilians
Tirinkot (Afghanistan): Decapitated bodies of 11 people abducted by Taliban were found in Afghanistan`s restive central Uruzgan province Friday, an official said.
The bodies were found in the Baghchar area of Khas Uruzgan district, where a Taliban commander, Juma Khan, was killed last month during a clash with international forces, deputy police chief Gulab Khan was quoted as saying by Pajhwok Afghan News.
"Taliban insurgents might have killed them on the charge of spying for US troops who killed their commander," Khan said.
The victims were abducted Thursday when they were travelling to provincial capital, Tirinkot, the police officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion