Taliban beheads a Swat police constable
Islamabad: Though on the run from the major Pakistani offensive, the retreating Taliban militants have carried out a gruesome beheading of a captured police official.
The police found the decapitated body of a constable
in a town in Swat valley, where for the last three months the
Pakistan Army is carrying out a flushing operation against the
Taliban, officials were quoted by TV channels as saying.
They said the police constable was kidnapped a week
ago by militants. His corpse was found today with his head
severed about four kilometres from Swat`s main town Mingora.
Over the past two years, Taliban militants have
beheaded a number of Army and police personnel whom they had
taken as prisoners.
The militants have meted out similar punishments to
civilians including wealthy landlords in different parts of
Taliban militia have been targetting the local police,
as the authorities have announced plans to augment and re-arm
the police forces in a six-month programme.
Meanwhile, the Army has declared that its units would
remain in main cities of Swat, till the situation returns to
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report