Taliban beheads a Swat police constable
Islamabad: Though on the run from the major Pakistani offensive, the retreating Taliban militants have carried out a gruesome beheading of a captured police official.
The police found the decapitated body of a constable
in a town in Swat valley, where for the last three months the
Pakistan Army is carrying out a flushing operation against the
Taliban, officials were quoted by TV channels as saying.
They said the police constable was kidnapped a week
ago by militants. His corpse was found today with his head
severed about four kilometres from Swat`s main town Mingora.
Over the past two years, Taliban militants have
beheaded a number of Army and police personnel whom they had
taken as prisoners.
The militants have meted out similar punishments to
civilians including wealthy landlords in different parts of
Taliban militia have been targetting the local police,
as the authorities have announced plans to augment and re-arm
the police forces in a six-month programme.
Meanwhile, the Army has declared that its units would
remain in main cities of Swat, till the situation returns to
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened