Taliban blow up schools, kill security personnel in Pak
Peshawar: Taliban fighters killed two
security personnel and blew up two state-run schools in the
restive Mohmand tribal region in northwest Pakistan on Tuesday,
Two paramilitary personnel were killed when a group of
militants attacked a security picket in Ambar area of Mohmand
Agency with rockets and automatic weapons early this morning.
Six more security personnel were injured in the
A government boys primary school and a government
girls` primary school in Saafi area were destroyed with
explosive devices at around midnight though there were no
reports of casualties as the buildings were empty.
Militants have destroyed a total of 73 schools in
Mohmand Agency, officials said.
The rebels also blew up the home of a member of an
anti-Taliban militia, they said.
In a separate development, three persons were injured
when militants blew up a shop selling music and movies in
Kohat district of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province.
The owner of the shop was among the injured.
The militants used a low intensity timed explosive
device to target the shop, police officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says