Taliban blow up schools, kill security personnel in Pak
Peshawar: Taliban fighters killed two
security personnel and blew up two state-run schools in the
restive Mohmand tribal region in northwest Pakistan on Tuesday,
Two paramilitary personnel were killed when a group of
militants attacked a security picket in Ambar area of Mohmand
Agency with rockets and automatic weapons early this morning.
Six more security personnel were injured in the
A government boys primary school and a government
girls` primary school in Saafi area were destroyed with
explosive devices at around midnight though there were no
reports of casualties as the buildings were empty.
Militants have destroyed a total of 73 schools in
Mohmand Agency, officials said.
The rebels also blew up the home of a member of an
anti-Taliban militia, they said.
In a separate development, three persons were injured
when militants blew up a shop selling music and movies in
Kohat district of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province.
The owner of the shop was among the injured.
The militants used a low intensity timed explosive
device to target the shop, police officials said.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today