Taliban capture at least 22 Pakistani soldiers
Johannesburg: The Pakistani Taliban have reportedly seized at least 22 government soldiers.
The Taliban captured the men from a paramilitary force in attacks on three checkpoints in northern Pakistan, a regional official said on Thursday, News24 reports.
Naveed Akbar, a regional official whose remit covers the paramilitary units, said that at least 22 men were missing, two had been killed and one was injured after the overnight attacks.
Other Pakistani officials said at least 30 men had been taken, a figure confirmed by Taliban representatives, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion