Taliban capture at least 22 Pakistani soldiers
Johannesburg: The Pakistani Taliban have reportedly seized at least 22 government soldiers.
The Taliban captured the men from a paramilitary force in attacks on three checkpoints in northern Pakistan, a regional official said on Thursday, News24 reports.
Naveed Akbar, a regional official whose remit covers the paramilitary units, said that at least 22 men were missing, two had been killed and one was injured after the overnight attacks.
Other Pakistani officials said at least 30 men had been taken, a figure confirmed by Taliban representatives, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray