Taliban capture at least 22 Pakistani soldiers
Johannesburg: The Pakistani Taliban have reportedly seized at least 22 government soldiers.
The Taliban captured the men from a paramilitary force in attacks on three checkpoints in northern Pakistan, a regional official said on Thursday, News24 reports.
Naveed Akbar, a regional official whose remit covers the paramilitary units, said that at least 22 men were missing, two had been killed and one was injured after the overnight attacks.
Other Pakistani officials said at least 30 men had been taken, a figure confirmed by Taliban representatives, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Piers Morgan pokes fun at India's performance in Rio: Here's how Virender Sehwag SHUT him down
- Raj Thackeray defies SC order, MNS ties Dahi-Handi at 49 feet in Thane
- Fashion for me is feeling glamorous, confident: Shraddha Kapoor
- Jio does Apple, people throng Reliance Stores for free 4G test SIM
- SHOCKING: DySP forces women trainees to mention their period dates, makes fun of pregnant cadet