Taliban claim responsibility for attack on minister`s home
Islamabad: The Taliban has claimed
responsibility for the suicide attack on the home of a
provincial minister in northwest Pakistan that killed nine
people and warned that they would carry out more such strikes
targeting the leaders and workers of ANP party.
A policeman succumbed to his injuries in a hospital
this morning, taking to nine the toll in yesterday`s attack on
the home of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa Information Minister Mian
Iftikhar Hussain at Pabbi in Nowshera district.
Two children were among those killed in the bombing,
which came two days after the minister`s only son was shot
dead by the Taliban in Pabbi. Hussain survived the attack.
The suicide bomber struck when the minister was receiving
guests who had come to offer their condolences at the killing
of his son, Mian Rashid.
Interior Minister Rehman Malik had visited Hussain`s
house shortly before the suicide attack.
The banned Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan, meanwhile, claimed
responsibility for the suicide bombing and warned that it will
carry out more such attacks on the leaders and workers of the
Awami National Party (ANP), which rules Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa
Taliban deputy spokesman Ahsanullah Ahsan telephoned
the Dawn newspaper`s correspondent in Ladha to claim
responsibility for the attack.
He said such attacks will continue till the ANP stops
following the dictates of the US and the Pakistani security
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal