Taliban claim responsibility for attack on minister`s home
Islamabad: The Taliban has claimed
responsibility for the suicide attack on the home of a
provincial minister in northwest Pakistan that killed nine
people and warned that they would carry out more such strikes
targeting the leaders and workers of ANP party.
A policeman succumbed to his injuries in a hospital
this morning, taking to nine the toll in yesterday`s attack on
the home of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa Information Minister Mian
Iftikhar Hussain at Pabbi in Nowshera district.
Two children were among those killed in the bombing,
which came two days after the minister`s only son was shot
dead by the Taliban in Pabbi. Hussain survived the attack.
The suicide bomber struck when the minister was receiving
guests who had come to offer their condolences at the killing
of his son, Mian Rashid.
Interior Minister Rehman Malik had visited Hussain`s
house shortly before the suicide attack.
The banned Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan, meanwhile, claimed
responsibility for the suicide bombing and warned that it will
carry out more such attacks on the leaders and workers of the
Awami National Party (ANP), which rules Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa
Taliban deputy spokesman Ahsanullah Ahsan telephoned
the Dawn newspaper`s correspondent in Ladha to claim
responsibility for the attack.
He said such attacks will continue till the ANP stops
following the dictates of the US and the Pakistani security
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- West Bengal Board Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 announced
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh