Taliban claim responsibility for attack on minister`s home
Islamabad: The Taliban has claimed
responsibility for the suicide attack on the home of a
provincial minister in northwest Pakistan that killed nine
people and warned that they would carry out more such strikes
targeting the leaders and workers of ANP party.
A policeman succumbed to his injuries in a hospital
this morning, taking to nine the toll in yesterday`s attack on
the home of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa Information Minister Mian
Iftikhar Hussain at Pabbi in Nowshera district.
Two children were among those killed in the bombing,
which came two days after the minister`s only son was shot
dead by the Taliban in Pabbi. Hussain survived the attack.
The suicide bomber struck when the minister was receiving
guests who had come to offer their condolences at the killing
of his son, Mian Rashid.
Interior Minister Rehman Malik had visited Hussain`s
house shortly before the suicide attack.
The banned Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan, meanwhile, claimed
responsibility for the suicide bombing and warned that it will
carry out more such attacks on the leaders and workers of the
Awami National Party (ANP), which rules Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa
Taliban deputy spokesman Ahsanullah Ahsan telephoned
the Dawn newspaper`s correspondent in Ladha to claim
responsibility for the attack.
He said such attacks will continue till the ANP stops
following the dictates of the US and the Pakistani security
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head