Taliban claim responsibility for Lahore attacks
Peshawar: The Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) has claimed the responsibility for Friday’s deadly terror attack on two mosques in Lahore in which over 90 people were killed and scores injured.
In statement released here, a self-proclaimed spokesperson of the TTP described that attack on the mosques belonging to the Ahmedia sect as brave work.
“Congratulations to the whole nation on what the brave mujahideen did yesterday in Garhi Shahu and Model Town, Lahore,” the statement signed by Muhammed Omar stated.
“On the whole, we do like to encourage the nation for increasing such activities, like targeted killings of qadianis, shias, the political parties that support them, as well as law enforcement agencies, the Pakistan Army and other racist parties,” the statement added.
It also warned of attacks on the Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM), while describing it as the “terrorist wing of qadianis and Jews”.
“They are responsible for destruction of the country and the nation. We are encouraging assassination attacks on everyone who is with the MQM,” The Daily Times quoted the statement, as saying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan