Taliban claim responsibility for Timergara suicide bombing
Peshawar: The Swat Taliban has claimed responsibility for Saturday’s suicide bombing in Timergara, and the recent killings of five anti-Taliban activists in different parts of the region.
Ten cops were injured in the suicide attack on April 24, when an explosives-laden car rammed into the police vehicle transporting Swat Police personnel on the Timergara Bypass.
Omar Hasan Ahrabi, the spokesman of the Swat Taliban, said that a Taliban bomber carried out the attack, but declined to reveal his identity.
Ahrabi also claimed responsibility for target killings of anti-Taliban activists in Mingora, Kuza Bandai and Dherai in Swat.
He further warned that anyone opposing or spying on the Taliban would not be spared by the organisation, and threatened the military that the death of every Taliban militant would be avenged.
“Allah’s writ, instead of government’s writ, would be restored in Swat and
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city