Taliban claim responsibility for Timergara suicide bombing
Peshawar: The Swat Taliban has claimed responsibility for Saturday’s suicide bombing in Timergara, and the recent killings of five anti-Taliban activists in different parts of the region.
Ten cops were injured in the suicide attack on April 24, when an explosives-laden car rammed into the police vehicle transporting Swat Police personnel on the Timergara Bypass.
Omar Hasan Ahrabi, the spokesman of the Swat Taliban, said that a Taliban bomber carried out the attack, but declined to reveal his identity.
Ahrabi also claimed responsibility for target killings of anti-Taliban activists in Mingora, Kuza Bandai and Dherai in Swat.
He further warned that anyone opposing or spying on the Taliban would not be spared by the organisation, and threatened the military that the death of every Taliban militant would be avenged.
“Allah’s writ, instead of government’s writ, would be restored in Swat and
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad