Taliban commander among nine militants killed in Pak
Peshawar: Nine Taliban fighters,
including a commander, were gunned down by security forces
during clashes in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province and the nearby
tribal belt in northwest Pakistan today, officials said.
Eight militants were killed during a clash with troops
in Mohmand tribal region.
Taliban commander Fazal Raheem was shot dead during a
gun battle in the Swat valley, officials said.
Under US pressure, Pakistan launched a military
offensive in May last year against militants and pushed them
out of the Taliban bastion of Swat.
Pakistani security forces have flushed out the Taliban
from many parts of the tribal belt bordering Afghanistan and
the army is expected to move into North Waziristan.
The Pakistani military claims it has killed nearly
1,000 militants since an offensive was launched in Orakzai
Agency earlier this year though the figure cannot be
independently confirmed as journalists are barred from the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack