Taliban commander captured as US raids intensify
Kabul: The international force in
Afghanistan says it has captured a Taliban commander
responsible for bringing Pakistani militants across the border
to launch attacks.
NATO says combined international and Afghan forces
seized the Taliban chieftain in the eastern province of
Nangarhar on Tuesday.
It said in a statement today he facilitated a recent
influx of operatives for Lashkar-e-Taiba, a Pakistani militia
accused of terrorist attacks. NATO did not identify him by
name for intelligence reasons.
NATO has recently ratcheted up its pursuit of
insurgent leaders, staging near-nightly raids it says have
captured more than 100 senior Taliban figures since April.
However, the number of attacks by insurgents has not declined.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH