Taliban commander captured as US raids intensify
Kabul: The international force in
Afghanistan says it has captured a Taliban commander
responsible for bringing Pakistani militants across the border
to launch attacks.
NATO says combined international and Afghan forces
seized the Taliban chieftain in the eastern province of
Nangarhar on Tuesday.
It said in a statement today he facilitated a recent
influx of operatives for Lashkar-e-Taiba, a Pakistani militia
accused of terrorist attacks. NATO did not identify him by
name for intelligence reasons.
NATO has recently ratcheted up its pursuit of
insurgent leaders, staging near-nightly raids it says have
captured more than 100 senior Taliban figures since April.
However, the number of attacks by insurgents has not declined.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview