Taliban commander captured as US raids intensify
Kabul: The international force in
Afghanistan says it has captured a Taliban commander
responsible for bringing Pakistani militants across the border
to launch attacks.
NATO says combined international and Afghan forces
seized the Taliban chieftain in the eastern province of
Nangarhar on Tuesday.
It said in a statement today he facilitated a recent
influx of operatives for Lashkar-e-Taiba, a Pakistani militia
accused of terrorist attacks. NATO did not identify him by
name for intelligence reasons.
NATO has recently ratcheted up its pursuit of
insurgent leaders, staging near-nightly raids it says have
captured more than 100 senior Taliban figures since April.
However, the number of attacks by insurgents has not declined.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir