Taliban commander captured as US raids intensify
Kabul: The international force in
Afghanistan says it has captured a Taliban commander
responsible for bringing Pakistani militants across the border
to launch attacks.
NATO says combined international and Afghan forces
seized the Taliban chieftain in the eastern province of
Nangarhar on Tuesday.
It said in a statement today he facilitated a recent
influx of operatives for Lashkar-e-Taiba, a Pakistani militia
accused of terrorist attacks. NATO did not identify him by
name for intelligence reasons.
NATO has recently ratcheted up its pursuit of
insurgent leaders, staging near-nightly raids it says have
captured more than 100 senior Taliban figures since April.
However, the number of attacks by insurgents has not declined.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- New survey reveals why men resort to unprotected sex
- 4.7 magnitude earthquake hits India-Bangladesh border region
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic
- British EU vote unnerves world leaders and markets
- Copa America final: Chile beat Argentina 4-2 to win title after Lionel Messi misses penalty kick