Taliban commander held in Pakistan
Islamabad: A Taliban commander in charge of the Swat region of northwest Pakistan was arrested Saturday, a media report said.
The militant leader was held in Batgram area of Swat after a tip off given to enforcement agencies, Online news agency reported.
Attaullah is a notable figure among the Taliban commanders and was responsible for a suicide bomb attack on a former assembly member and PML-Q leader Asfandyar Amir Zaib, sources said.
He was shifted to Swat for investigations.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- India deeply appreciates US' engagement in Asia-Pacific: Ashton Carter
- VVIP chopper scam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi had admitted to meeting middleman Haschke
- F-16 fighter jets sold to Pakistan could be used against India: US lawmakers
- Fee hike: Schools will not budge with dharnas, submit a written complaint, Manish Sisodia tells parents
- Know what Shah Rukh Khan feels about PM Narendra Modi’s ‘Make In India’ initiative