Taliban commander killed in US drone attack in Pak
Islamabad: Top Taliban commander Halimullah
has been killed along with three other militants in a US drone
strike in South Waziristan tribal region in Pakistan.
Halimullah was an important leader of Taliban faction led
by Maulvi Nazeer and his death is a "huge loss" for Ahmadzai
Wazir militants operating in South Waziristan Agency, Taliban
sources were quoted as saying by The News daily today.
The dead commander belonged to the Tujikhel sub-tribe of
the Ahmadzai Wazirs and led a group of 300 armed fighters.
He reportedly was in Musa Neeka area near the Afghan
border to settle a dispute between local tribesmen when the
drone struck on September 30.
"He was holding a meeting with some people to resolve a
local dispute when he came under the drone attack," a close
aide to Halimullah said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?