Taliban commanders arrested in Afghanistan
Kabul: Two Taliban commanders were captured by security forces in Afghanistan`s Baghlan province on Friday night, police said on Saturday.
"Acting upon intelligence report, our police launched an operation and captured two Taliban commanders named Mullah Ajab Gul and Mullah Ahsanullah from Khinjan district on Friday night," Xinhua quoted provincial police chief Aminullah Omarkhil as saying.
Both the militants, after receiving training in Pakistan, were on way to Kunduz province to conduct subversive activities, Omarkhil said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- UP elections: Mulayam Singh says he will campaign for son Akhilesh
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say