Taliban execute two tribesmen in northwest Pakistan
Peshawar: The Taliban in northwest
Pakistan has carried out a public execution, killing two
tribesmen accused of spying for the US by detonating
explosives strapped to their bodies.
The tribesmen, whose identity could not be
ascertained, were executed yesterday before a large
gathering at Degan village in Datta Khel sub-division, a
Taliban stronghold in the volatile North Waziristan Agency.
The militants had accused the two men of having links
with the US, a source close to the Taliban said.
They were arrested and "tried" by a Taliban court,
which sentenced them to death.
The Taliban have in recent months executed several men
who were accused of being US spies after a series of drone
strikes in the tribal region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof