Taliban executes woman in public in Afghanistan
Kabul: In a gruesome act, a woman was executed, on the charges of adultery, in full view of public by a man who belongs to Taliban in Parwan province of Afghanistan, a video showed on Sunday.
As per an agency’s report, a turban-clad man approaches a woman kneeling in the dirt and shoots her five times at close range with an automatic rifle, to cheers of jubilation from the 150 or so men watching. It was shown in a three minute video.
"Allah warns us not to get close to adultery because it`s the wrong way”, a man says. Another man says as the shooter gets closer to the woman, "It is the order of Allah that she be executed.”
In an inhumane act, when the woman fell sideways after being shot several times in the head, the spectators chanted: "Long live the Afghan mujahideen!"
The victim’s identity was not revealed. Most of her body was tightly wrapped in a shawl.
The shocking video was shot a week ago in the village of Qimchok in Shinwari district, according to the Provincial Governor Basir Salangi.
"When I saw this video, I closed my eyes ... The woman was not guilty; the Taliban are guilty,”
"They are outlaws, murderers, and like savages they killed the woman," he said.
He also revealed that two Taliban commanders were sexually involved with the woman, either through rape or romantically, and decided to torture her and then kill her to settle a dispute between the two of them.
Such gruesome executions keep occurring in Afghanistan despite the presence of foreign troops and Afghan soldiers in the war-torn country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation