Taliban executes woman in public in Afghanistan
Kabul: In a gruesome act, a woman was executed, on the charges of adultery, in full view of public by a man who belongs to Taliban in Parwan province of Afghanistan, a video showed on Sunday.
As per an agency’s report, a turban-clad man approaches a woman kneeling in the dirt and shoots her five times at close range with an automatic rifle, to cheers of jubilation from the 150 or so men watching. It was shown in a three minute video.
"Allah warns us not to get close to adultery because it`s the wrong way”, a man says. Another man says as the shooter gets closer to the woman, "It is the order of Allah that she be executed.”
In an inhumane act, when the woman fell sideways after being shot several times in the head, the spectators chanted: "Long live the Afghan mujahideen!"
The victim’s identity was not revealed. Most of her body was tightly wrapped in a shawl.
The shocking video was shot a week ago in the village of Qimchok in Shinwari district, according to the Provincial Governor Basir Salangi.
"When I saw this video, I closed my eyes ... The woman was not guilty; the Taliban are guilty,”
"They are outlaws, murderers, and like savages they killed the woman," he said.
He also revealed that two Taliban commanders were sexually involved with the woman, either through rape or romantically, and decided to torture her and then kill her to settle a dispute between the two of them.
Such gruesome executions keep occurring in Afghanistan despite the presence of foreign troops and Afghan soldiers in the war-torn country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- DNA: Today in History, 18th February, 2017
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test