Taliban fighter arrested near PM Sharif`s home in Lahore
Lahore: Police have arrested an alleged Taliban fighter near the private residence of Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif in the capital of central Punjab province, officials said today.
Acting on a tip-off, police yesterday raided a house at Raiwind, where Sharif`s sprawling residence is located, and arrested the terror suspect. He was identified as Sajid Mushtaq.
Officials said weapons, grenades and scores of bullets were found in his possession.
"Mushtaq is a member of the Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan and was tasked to commit terror activities in Lahore," an official said.
The alleged terrorist was moved to an undisclosed location for interrogation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda