Taliban fighter arrested near PM Sharif`s home in Lahore
Lahore: Police have arrested an alleged Taliban fighter near the private residence of Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif in the capital of central Punjab province, officials said today.
Acting on a tip-off, police yesterday raided a house at Raiwind, where Sharif`s sprawling residence is located, and arrested the terror suspect. He was identified as Sajid Mushtaq.
Officials said weapons, grenades and scores of bullets were found in his possession.
"Mushtaq is a member of the Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan and was tasked to commit terror activities in Lahore," an official said.
The alleged terrorist was moved to an undisclosed location for interrogation.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India