Taliban fighter arrested near PM Sharif`s home in Lahore
Lahore: Police have arrested an alleged Taliban fighter near the private residence of Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif in the capital of central Punjab province, officials said today.
Acting on a tip-off, police yesterday raided a house at Raiwind, where Sharif`s sprawling residence is located, and arrested the terror suspect. He was identified as Sajid Mushtaq.
Officials said weapons, grenades and scores of bullets were found in his possession.
"Mushtaq is a member of the Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan and was tasked to commit terror activities in Lahore," an official said.
The alleged terrorist was moved to an undisclosed location for interrogation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!