Taliban kill 15 Afghan police in west
Kabul: An Afghan official says 15 policemen have been killed and another 10 wounded in a Taliban ambush in western Afghanistan`s Farah province.
Farah provincial spokesman Abdul Rahman Zhawandai said today that the Afghan National Police squad was on patrol along the region`s main highway when they were ambushed in a mountain pass.
Zhawandai said the attack occurred late yesterday as about 40 policemen were patrolling the highway in several vehicles.
Insurgents frequently ambush vehicles and tricks on the highway, which is a main trade route through the province.
The Taliban have escalated attacks in recent months as they try to take advantage of the withdrawal of foreign troops, who handed over security for the country to Afghan forces two months ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog