Taliban kill five Pakistani soldiers: Officials
Miranshah (Pakistan): Taliban militants
launched an attack on a military convoy in Pakistan`s
northwestern tribal belt on Sunday, killing five soldiers and
wounding three others, security officials said.
The convoy came under attack near Razmak town, more than
50 kilometres (31 miles) south of Miranshah, the main town in
the North Waziristan tribal district along the Afghan border,
"The convoy was moving from one area to another when
Taliban militants attacked it, killing five soldiers and
wounding three others," a security official in Peshawar said.
Another security official in Miranshah confirmed the
incident, saying militants were armed with rockets and
"They also hurled grenades in the attack," the official
Troops retaliated immediately with small and heavy
weapons but there was no report of Taliban casualties, he
North Waziristan is the main target of US drone strikes
and the most notorious bastion of Afghan Taliban and
al Qaeda-linked fighters in Pakistan`s semi-autonomous tribal
Washington has called the northwest region the global
headquarters of al Qaeda and US officials are increasing
pressure on Islamabad to launch an all-out military offensive
in North Waziristan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next