Taliban leader killed in Afghanistan
Kabul: A Taliban leader has been killed during a security operation in Afghanistan`s Helmand province, Xinhua reported Sunday.
A statement issued by NATO-led coalition forces said: "An Afghan and coalition security force killed Taliban direct- action cell leader Zafran during a security operation in Helmand province Saturday."
It is believed he was responsible for conducting improvised explosive device (IED) and ambush-style attacks against Afghan and coalition forces.
"Prior to his death he was preparing future IED attacks on combined forces," the statement added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- British PM Theresa May heads to N. Ireland for Brexit talks
- Rio Olympics: WADA 'disappointed' as IOC fails to ban Russia for mega event
- Al Qaeda chief urges kidnappings of Westerners for prisoner swaps - SITE
- Japan logs first half-year trade surplus since Fukushima
- Attacks on France, Germany their own fault: Donald Trump