Taliban leader killed in Afghanistan
Kabul: A Taliban leader has been killed during a security operation in Afghanistan`s Gazni province, NATO-led coalition forces said Friday.
The operation was carried out by the Afghan forces and the NATO-led coalition troops in the province, 100 km from Kabul, Xinhua reported.
In a statement, the coalition forces confirmed the death of Taliban leader Hafiz Sadar, responsible for directing improvised explosive device (IED) and direct fire attacks against Afghan and coalition forces.
He was also directly accountable for the kidnapping of Afghan officials, the release added.
Taliban were yet to comment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Will look beyond India if blockade doesn't end: Nepal