Taliban leader killed in Afghanistan
Kabul: A Taliban leader has been killed during a security operation in Afghanistan`s Gazni province, NATO-led coalition forces said Friday.
The operation was carried out by the Afghan forces and the NATO-led coalition troops in the province, 100 km from Kabul, Xinhua reported.
In a statement, the coalition forces confirmed the death of Taliban leader Hafiz Sadar, responsible for directing improvised explosive device (IED) and direct fire attacks against Afghan and coalition forces.
He was also directly accountable for the kidnapping of Afghan officials, the release added.
Taliban were yet to comment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Peter Mukerjea knew Sheena was Indrani's daughter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them