Taliban leader killed in Afghanistan
Kabul: A Taliban leader has been killed during a security operation in Afghanistan`s Gazni province, NATO-led coalition forces said Friday.
The operation was carried out by the Afghan forces and the NATO-led coalition troops in the province, 100 km from Kabul, Xinhua reported.
In a statement, the coalition forces confirmed the death of Taliban leader Hafiz Sadar, responsible for directing improvised explosive device (IED) and direct fire attacks against Afghan and coalition forces.
He was also directly accountable for the kidnapping of Afghan officials, the release added.
Taliban were yet to comment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi