Taliban leader killed in Afghanistan
Kabul: A Taliban leader has been killed in Afghanistan`s Kunduz province, the NATO-led coalition forces confirmed Tuesday.
"During a security operation in Imam Sahib district, Kunduz province, Monday, an Afghan and coalition force killed the Taliban leader Nurullah Khan, and one other insurgent," reported Xinhua quoting a statement of the International Security Assistance Force.
Khan used to transport and distribute weapons for insurgents in Kunduz province. He was killed while coordinating the movement of explosives for use in a future attacks with improvised explosive devices (IED).
The Taliban were yet to make any comment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed