Taliban leader killed in Afghanistan
Kabul: A Taliban leader has been killed in Afghanistan`s Kunduz province, the NATO-led coalition forces confirmed Tuesday.
"During a security operation in Imam Sahib district, Kunduz province, Monday, an Afghan and coalition force killed the Taliban leader Nurullah Khan, and one other insurgent," reported Xinhua quoting a statement of the International Security Assistance Force.
Khan used to transport and distribute weapons for insurgents in Kunduz province. He was killed while coordinating the movement of explosives for use in a future attacks with improvised explosive devices (IED).
The Taliban were yet to make any comment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi