Taliban leader killed in Afghanistan
Kabul: A Taliban leader has been killed in Afghanistan`s Kunduz province, the NATO-led coalition forces confirmed Tuesday.
"During a security operation in Imam Sahib district, Kunduz province, Monday, an Afghan and coalition force killed the Taliban leader Nurullah Khan, and one other insurgent," reported Xinhua quoting a statement of the International Security Assistance Force.
Khan used to transport and distribute weapons for insurgents in Kunduz province. He was killed while coordinating the movement of explosives for use in a future attacks with improvised explosive devices (IED).
The Taliban were yet to make any comment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!