‘Taliban leader killed in S Afghan province’
Kabul: Security forces targeted and killed a Taliban leader named Sajid in Helmand province 555 km south of Afghan capital Kabul on Tuesday, a statement of NATO-led International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) released here Wednesday confirmed.
"An Afghan and Coalition security force killed Taliban leader Sajid during a security operation in Helmand province Tuesday," the statement asserted.
Sajid, also known as Abdul Hakim, was in charge of an improvised explosive device cell operating in the province and was believed responsible for attacks against Afghan and the Coalition forces based in the area, the statement further said.
Taliban militants fighting the Afghan and NATO-led troops have yet to comment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?