‘Taliban leader killed in S Afghan province’
Kabul: Security forces targeted and killed a Taliban leader named Sajid in Helmand province 555 km south of Afghan capital Kabul on Tuesday, a statement of NATO-led International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) released here Wednesday confirmed.
"An Afghan and Coalition security force killed Taliban leader Sajid during a security operation in Helmand province Tuesday," the statement asserted.
Sajid, also known as Abdul Hakim, was in charge of an improvised explosive device cell operating in the province and was believed responsible for attacks against Afghan and the Coalition forces based in the area, the statement further said.
Taliban militants fighting the Afghan and NATO-led troops have yet to comment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you