‘Taliban leader killed in S Afghan province’
Kabul: Security forces targeted and killed a Taliban leader named Sajid in Helmand province 555 km south of Afghan capital Kabul on Tuesday, a statement of NATO-led International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) released here Wednesday confirmed.
"An Afghan and Coalition security force killed Taliban leader Sajid during a security operation in Helmand province Tuesday," the statement asserted.
Sajid, also known as Abdul Hakim, was in charge of an improvised explosive device cell operating in the province and was believed responsible for attacks against Afghan and the Coalition forces based in the area, the statement further said.
Taliban militants fighting the Afghan and NATO-led troops have yet to comment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?