Taliban leader shot dead in Afghanistan
Kabul: A Taliban leader known for coordinating suicide attacks has been killed in an operation in Kandahar province, NATO-led forces said Sunday.
"During a security operation in Maiwand district Saturday, Afghan and coalition forces killed Taliban leader Abdul Baki," Xinhua quoted the International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) as saying in a statement.
Kandahar is around 450 km south of the capital city of Kabul.
Abdul Baki, also known as Ruzi, was known to operate as part of an extensive insurgent network in Uruzgan, Helmand and Kandahar provinces.
He was responsible for coordinating complex attacks, utilising suicide operatives against Afghan and coalition forces.
The Taliban did not make any comment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?